A Catalogue of Ways to Help Refugee Children and Adults
From small to large ways, we support refugee families as they journey through the early days and months of their life in Canada. The items below represent specific ways that we support refugee families. Your donation will result in stronger, better equipped families.
Personal Care Kits
- Every family arriving at Christie receives a kit filled with personal care items
Newborn Baby Baskets
- We give each new mom a baby bathtub overflowing with supplies
Grocery Gift Cards
- Grocery gift cards provide a little extra support to families who move out of Christie shelter
Winter Coat & Boots
- Many refugee families arrive without the warm outerwear needed to brave Canadian winters
Warm Bedding & Linens
- We offer a warm welcome to refugee families as they arrive by giving them a brand new set of linens
Dining Room Renovation
- Our current dining space is too small to accommodate all the families staying at Christie shelter
The items in this catalogue are examples of the range of supports we offer refugee families. All funds raised, with the exception of the Social Space / Dining Room project, will be focused where they are most needed, to ensure that the best level of care is provided to our community.